NOTICE TO BIDDERS
Fuel Station Improvements – Somerset Air Service
NOTICE TO BIDDERS is hereby given that sealed Bids are invited and will be received as set forth herein.
OWNER: Somerset Air Service, Bedminster Township, Somerset County, New Jersey
PROJECT TITLE: Fuel Station Improvements
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF PROJECT: This project includes both a base and alternate bid, and proposes the removal and installation of a fuel depot for the refueling of aircrafts. The proposed facilities will have the ability to dispense both Aviation Gas and Jet A fuel. Project includes the upgrade of both parking and driveway facilities. A canopy building is also proposed as an alternate bid item.
• Removal of the 2 existing fuel storage tanks, dispensers, piping, vents, and other ancillary items per the requirements of the New Jersey Department of Transportation, and the Underground Storage Tank Regulations of New Jersey.
• Removal and disposal of approximately 1,250 SY of stone/pavement.
• Perform all required excavation and fill placement.
• Procurement and installation of 2 Highland (or approved equal) 12,000 gallons above ground fuel tanks.
• Procurement and installation of 1 Mars (or approved equal) AV gas fuel dispenser.
• Procurement and installation of 1 Mars (or approved equal) Jet A fuel dispenser.
• 930 SY dense graded aggregate base course, 6” thick.
• 2,020 SY dense graded aggregate base course, 8” thick.
• 345 tons – hot mix asphalt base course, 6” thick.
• 215 tons – hot mix asphalt base course, 4” thick.
• 350 tons – hot mix asphalt surface course.
• 250 linear foot infiltration trench.
• 195 SY concrete slab, 6” thick.
• 54 SY concrete slab, 8” thick.
• 90 LF steel guide rail.
• 125 LF – 4’ High chain link fence, along with 2-5’ wide gates.
• Extended electrical service to the site.
• Other incidental work appurtenant thereto.
• Procurement and installation of 1 Fuel Master 2500 (or approved equal) credit card reader.
• Procurement and installation of 1 Butler (or approved equal) pre-manufactured canopy building.
ADDRESS FOR SUBMITTING BIDS: Somerset Air Service, 150 Airport Road Bedminster, NJ 07921
ENGINEER’S NAME AND ADDRESS:
VAN CLEEF ENGINEERING ASSOCIATES
755 Memorial Parkway, Suite 110, Phillipsburg, NJ 08865
ATTN.: Stanley J. Schrek, PE, AIA, PP, CME, LEED AP
ENGINEER’S PHYSICAL ADDRESS:
VAN CLEEF ENGINEERING ASSOCIATES, same as above.
EXAMINATION OF CONTRACT DOCUMENTS:
Contract Documents may be examined Monday through Friday, except legal holiday, from 9:00AM to 4:00PM, only at the office of the Engineer at the address set forth above.
OBTAINING CONTRACT DOCUMENTS:
Contract Documents may be obtained only from the office of the Engineer at the address and hours set forth above upon payment of One-Hundred dollars ($100.00) for each set of Contract Documents. All refunds must be forwarded in strict compliance with N.J.S.A. 40A:11-24(b).
Bid Security is required in an amount of not less than ten percent (10%) of the total amount of the Bid, but not in excess of Twenty Thousand Dollars ($20,000.00) as set forth in N.J.S.A. 40A:11-21
CONSENT OF SURETY:
Certificate from a Surety Company is required indicating consent to be bound as surety and guarantor for performance required under the Contract Documents.
BID SUBMISSION PROCEDURES:
Bids must be submitted on the Bid Form contained in the Contract Documents and must be enclosed in a sealed envelope plainly marked on the outside with the name of project and the name and address of the Bidder. The Bid must be delivered to the Owner prior to Bid opening at the above address for submitting Bids. Bids will not be accepted after Thursday March 30, 2017 at 10:00AM.
Bidders are required to be registered by the New Jersey Department of Labor at the time bids will be received by the Project Owner pursuant to the Public Works Contractor Registration Act (P.L. 2003, c. 91, N.J.S.A. 34:11-56.51). Effective September 1, 2004, Bidders are also required to be registered by the New Jersey Department of Treasury, Division of Revenue at the time bids will be received by the Project owner pursuant to the Business Registration Act (P.L.2004, c.57, N.J.S.A.52:32-44)..
PUBLIC BID OPENING AND READING:
Date: Thursday March 30, 2017
Time: 10:00 AM
Place: Somerset Air Service, 150 Airport Road Bedminster, NJ 07921
Bidders are required to comply with applicable statutory requirements set forth in the Contract Documents including the requirements of N.J.S.A. 10:5-31, et seq. & N.J.A.C. 17:27-1.1, et seq. (Affirmative Action); P.L. 1963, c. 150 (Prevailing Wage); Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (42 U.S.C. 12101, et seq.); and P.L.2004, c.19 & P.L.2005, c.271 (Pay to Play). In addition, effective August 1, 2005, P.L. 2005, c.67 authorized a new form of change order called “Value Engineering Construction Change Orders.” Please review these specifications to determine if this bid will involve this new form of change order for contracts that are estimated to exceed $5,000,000.00.
REJECTION OF BIDS:
The Somerset Air Service reserves the right to reject any or all Bids, or to waive any Bid defect where such defect is not detrimental to the best interest of Somerset Air Service and fairness of the bidding process. The right is also reserved to increase or decrease the quantities specified in the manner designated in the Contract Documents.
BY THE ORDER OF THE SOMERSET AIR SERVICE, BEDMINSTER, SOMERSET COUNTY, NEW JERSEY.
By: Christopher Walker
President, George Walker Field, Inc. d/b/a
Somerset Air Service